If so I am keen to have a chat.
My client is seeking a Junior Print Project Manager. This role would suit if you have worked within a Print Production / Traffic Management or Creative Services environment.
Skills and Knowledge:
- Minimum 2 -3 years’ experience of working in a print production environment.
- Experience of driving a project team to deliver to defined and agreed schedules.
- Knowledge of a variety of print production processes.
- Ability to handle multiple projects whilst still delivering on schedule.
Based within the UK Graphics and Packaging project team, the role is to project manage activity related to Production Line Graphics Materials.
Working within a multi-disciplinary team including Creative, Studio, Packaging Design, and Manufacturing Support functions, you play a key role in the team's deliverables, driving productivity and quality improvement through all aspects of production.
The role forms the link between the Creative, RDD Engineering, Commercial Management, Product Marketing and Manufacturing teams globally - resolving all the short term, day-to-day issues and managing long term project plans.
Role & Responsibilities:
- Planning, project management and communication. When new projects come in, challenge them with your team. Ask questions, get involved, explore opportunities and think about how to tackle the challenge. Pro-actively engage, brief, encourage and motivate the project team to take on the task in hand.
- Support the wider Project team on new launches, and manage change of the current product portfolio.
- Organize the construction of a schedule supporting the project, ensuring that Graphics and Packaging, Marketing/Commercial, Creative Services and Engineering milestones are aligned. Define different timelines for each deliverable identified within the project.
- Set the goals and drivers from a production perspective. Establish Engineering, Marketing/Commercial and Creative milestones and drive the project team to meet deadlines, ensuring robust schedules are in place.
- Ensure projects are briefed, created, managed and approved to correct process. This role is responsible for ensuring all Graphics projects follow company processes driven by other departments within this business. This includes Engineering, Legal and IP processes.
- Drive projects through the approval process proactively.
- Work with Graphics and Packaging Category Manager, Packaging designers, Co-ordinators and Creative teams to ensure that all print specifications are correct for purpose and on budget to the original BOM specification.
- Make sure that each artwork item is checked for content and suitability. Proof-read copy, ensure that any changes to copy assets are clearly marked and briefed to Copy team. Ensure that print specs, graphics assets and mark-ups are clearly briefed to the studio at the right time. Check all changes have been made in studio on artworks and that they are set up correctly in the first place.
- Working closely with G&P Change Management Coordinators to track timely and cost effective release of graphics to production and to coordinate effective implementation of any graphics changes.
- My client has grown from 1 man with an idea to over 6,000 employees in 70 countries. 2017 has seen them doubling their footprint across the US and Asia…interested?
- £30,0000 Basic Salary
- Generous holiday allowance
- Staff bonus
- Contributory Pension
- Life assurance
- Career development
- Plus, much more