We have a great opportunity for a Junior Front End Web Developer with some commercial experience to join this amazing sustainable fashion brand based in Plymouth. This business has boomed over the last couple of years and have exciting plans for the future, with sustainability and good ethics at the core of everything they do.
The experience we need.
- 1-2 years' commercial experience as a Front End Web Developer, working on public facing interactive websites.
- Excellent communication skills and ability to articulate your processes/justify your decision making.
- Bonus points for experience using WordPress and Woocommerce and/or and understanding of ecommerce shopping behaviours.
- Please include a portfolio/links to live website examples as part of your application - functionality over aesthetics is what we're looking for here!
This is a new, technical based opportunity which will work to support the UX Designer and Technical Manager to create the best digital experiences for online shoppers. Responsibilities will include:
- Taking UI/UI designs and turning them into workable code for the website.
- Developing CSS/HTML/JS and jQuery tests which manipulate the Document Object Model to run experiments that inform data-based decisions.
- Working to optimise the website and ensure it's consistent with the Style Guide.
This sustainable brand is carving out an amazing niche and quickly becoming a household name. The vibe is fun, supportive and the people are down to earth with no big egos. There's also great opportunity to muck in and get involved with different aspects of the business.
What you'll get in return.
- Competitive salary, £25k - £30k DOE
- Opportunity to work from home 1-2 days a week (outside of lockdowns)
- Staff discount
- Fun, supportive working culture
How to apply.
If this sounds of interest, then please click the apply button right away!
For more info on this or similar roles please give Jess a call.