Junior Packaging Technologist
A unique chance to join an industry leading packaging producer who work with global blue-chip FMCG clients to provide sustainable and innovative packaging options for their well loved and admired products.
The business have been operating as market leaders for over 40 years and continue to invest in new technologies to keep them one step ahead of the competition. This roles sits within the technical team and will involve producing new materials and laminates that conform to various government standards and consumer brand guidelines.
This role would be perfect for a graduate or somebody with working experience in a scientific background to make a difference to the future of packaging solutions.
The Experience We Need
- You will have a degree within a science or technology discipline; or if in another field, be able to demonstrate an understanding and aptitude for science
- Good IT skills and particular knowledge/experience of MS Excel
- Good communication skills, both written and verbal
- The ability to learn, understand and communicate technical requirements and benefits
- Self-motivated, determined, confident, resourceful and driven by results.
- Team player with outgoing and friendly personality
- Valid UK driving licence; willing and able to travel in the UK and possibly overseas.
- To take responsibility on specific internal and customer development projects as agreed with the Technical Manager
- To gain knowledge of material technology from the Technical Manager and through contact with base material suppliers
- To develop the ability to provide on-site technical support for customers, attend customer development meetings and liaise with the sales team to recommend suitable specifications for specific applications
- To assist in responding to all customer quality issues
- To assist in the production of technical standards and specifications for customers
Producing state of the art packaging solutions is the aim of the business and to partner with FMCG brands to produce packaging solutions that will shape tomorrows market place.
The business offer a friendly supportive team environment within the manufacturing site in Northamptonshire. On site the technical team split their time from the state of the art laboratories and the production floor - where the magic happens. The role will allow the successful candidate to use their technical knowledge of packaging to influence clients decision to use new solutions to make their packaging more effective within the FMCG supply Life cycle.
What you'll get in return.
On offer is a competitive salary and package with the chance to travel to meet with exciting clients across the UK. You will be given opportunities across the business to learn and inevitable progress your career.
How to apply.
If this sounds of interest, then please click the apply button right away!
For more info on this or similar roles please give Nick Edgar a call.