Are you a Junior Security Analyst with 2 years experience in a SOC environment? Are you looking for your next opportunity within a company that is strengthening its current Infosec landscape? Are you keen to learn new skills and gain specialist qualifications within your field?
My client are one of the biggest names in the Leisure & Tourism industry here in the UK, looking after some of the most recognisable brands in the industry.
Join them as they expand current teams and mature their existing Infosec landscape and contribute with fresh ideas and experience to help them progress, as well as learn new skills and obtain certs on the company dime.
Its an exciting time for the Junior Security Analyst to join the business and to further their development working across a range of security areas; from cyber resilience to Cloud security. Working alongside architects and developers to deliver solutions in cloud security, identity management, network and infrastructure protection, security monitoring, network segregation. The Information Security team has a strong philosophy of continual education and learning.
· Monitor SOC toolsets for security issues.
· Investigate security breaches and other cyber security incidents.
· Install security measures and operate software to protect systems and information infrastructure.
· Document security breaches and assess the damage they cause.
· Research security enhancements and make recommendations to management.
· Stay up-to-date on information technology trends and security standards.
The right candidate will ideally have a selection of the below technical skills.
· At least two years experience in working in a SOC.
· Ability to write complex regular expressions
· Ability to write scripts in windows powershell preferred
· Confident running tools like Nmap, Nessus, Wireshark. Also confident capturing, reading and analysing pcaps.
· Ability to code in python (or similar language) desirable.
· Good understanding of network security, routing and TCP IP.
· Demonstrable experience of troubleshooting and problem solving under pressure.
· Basic understanding of PCI-DSS and ISO27001
· Experience in conducting risk assessments and making judgements on technical security risk desirable.
· Strong personable skills and team player
· Strong planning and prioritisation capability
· A methodical and meticulous approach
· University level certification within an IT/Computer Studies field.
Some of the benefits we offer:
· 20% team member discount on Warner Leisure Hotels, Butlin's and Haven holidays for you, your family and friends
· Reward and recognition schemes including long service
· Externally recognised qualifications that will give you the opportunity to progress and develop within the business.
· Childcare voucher scheme (subject to eligibility)
· Government pension scheme
Apply with your CV for a more detailed chat.