My Client is one of the leading technology businesses in the UK, offering fantastic careers in the Web Hosting and Cloud industry.
My Client design, build and operate full stack technology platforms within their wholly owned datacentres across Europe and the USA and deliver these platforms at massive scale.
About the role
A fantastic opportunity has arisen for a highly experienced Lead Developer / Team Architect to join one of their software development teams. This is a hands-on architecture and development role where you will define system architecture for project development and sytem enhancements as well as leading the technical aspects of large project implementations.
This role is to work on the full-stack, with software development skills including Vue.js , PHP, C# and Python.
The ideal candidate will have worked on complex, large scale, multi-tier systems and have been responsible for driving fundamental technical changes and improvement from both a design and implementation perspective.
You'll drive software best practices throughout the team and you'll be constantly looking for ways to make the systems and processes better. This will all be done in coordination with the Software Development Team Leader, Architects in other development teams, as well as with the Lead Architect.
This is a rare opportunity for a strong architect and developer to join a company that will provide a wide variety of exciting and challenging opportunities in a modern technical environment.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Defining software architecture for medium to large product/project development or enhancements
- Technical leadership of project teams
- Development of robust, maintainable, secure and scalable systems using PHP, C# and other languages
- Manage delivery of software projects on time
- Ensuring technical standards within the development team
- Helping to define technical strategy and standards with the Software Architects in other team as well as with the Lead Software
Skills & expertise required
- Proven commercial experience with design and implementation of complex multi-tier, distributed system architecture
- Expert level commercial development experience using PHP, C# or equivalent languages
- API design experience (e.g. REST)
- Thorough understanding of OO system design and development
- Proven technical leadership experience, able to lead and inspire software teams
- Excellent communication skills, able to communicate and influence at all levels
- Have great commercial awareness and a keen interest in emerging technologies
- Experience of Docker, Kubernetes and Cloud Native architecture fundamentals
- Modern frontend development Vue/React/Angular
- Strong working knowledge of IP networking fundamentals
- Agile / XP methodologies and techniques (Scrum, Kanban, TDD, BDD)
- Knowledge of Virtualization technologies
- Experience with Entity Framework or other ORMs
What you'll get in return
- £60,000 - £75,000
- 25 days annual leave plus bank holidays
- Competitive contributory pension scheme
- Private health care with the option to extend cover to partner and children
- Critical illness
- Life assurance
- Generous training opportunities tailored to your career goals
- Opportunities to visit the best industry conferences across Europe
- Free parking