My client is a leading Industrial IoT business delivering solutions to various markets. They are now at a point of significant growth and are looking for a Lead Developer to introduce the most current technology management and methodology into its operations and extend its technology to new sectors and industries.
This is a fantastic opportunity for an ambitious Lead Full Stack Developer to join an organisation going through exponential growth. My client is looking for someone who will relish the opportunity to become a Director in 2-3 years.
The successful Lead Developer will be responsible for working to ensure technology is developed in line with the company vision and strategy. This will include architecture design, hands-on development, implementing and leading development of existing architecture and to evolve the V2 architecture for the future:
- Hands-on writing code, documenting and developing new patterns.
- Mentoring and leading other Developers and Engineers.
- Features delivered end-to-end, ensuring the backend code is robust, the test coverage is thorough, and the frontend experience is rich and enjoyable for all users.
- Care about code quality, architecture decisions and enjoy collaborating to deliver outstanding solutions.
- Support customers and internal operations where needed.
Technical skill required
- Agile and SCRUM Development methodology and discipline.
- Experience with web development.
- Testing strategies. You must have a strong working knowledge and experience of continuous integration and testing frameworks with a pyramid approach (unit testing, integration testing, acceptance testing, etc.).
- Architectural design and design patterns. You should have experience leading architectural decisions for web applications and be well versed and a strong advocate of design patterns, where applicable.
- Knowledge of real-time, event-driven protocols such as MQTT, AMQP, WebSockets, HTTP(s) etc.
- Experience delivering developer-focussed APIs, including API design, documentation and scaling.
Nice to have:
- Experience with infrastructure, e.g. AWS and distributed systems are beneficial.
- Experience with other languages e.g. Node.js, Perl, Python, Bash etc.
As a company my client is committed to a future as a technology and services innovator. They work in a company of inclusive people who treat each other well. My client is building a company with a diverse set of people who value:
- Ownership and impact of work. You have some autonomy and ownership over your work with a visible impact externally on products that can be used across multiple services.
- Work is varied and challenging as you will be solving problems that push the limits of what's possible with today's technology in various industries.
- Being part of cutting-edge technological development.
My client has a culture that values employee freedom and responsibility.
What you'll get in return
- £50,000 - £60,000 salary DOE
- Share option
- Flexible working
- Career path to Directorship
- Generous holiday