My client is one of the leading technology businesses in the UK, in the Web Hosting and Cloud industry.
They design, build and operate full stack technology platforms within their wholly owned datacentres across Europe and the USA and deliver these platforms at massive scale.
Your role will be to support the administration, operation, security and development of local and global platforms. You will be responsible for ensuring security policies and processes are implemented, assist with day-to-day management of both security focused and Linux administrative tasks and assist with identifying risks, incidents, issues and their root causes. You will take the lead on security and reporting topics such as automation of reporting, scripting and data collection of platform status, vulnerability and malware investigation. You will provide additional support to projects, in your area of responsibility and to both the Platform Operations and Linux Systems teams as required.
You will need to be an excellent communicator, comfortable dealing with stakeholders across the Global business and be adept at operating under pressure. It is key that you can establish rapport with colleagues demonstrating solid technical expertise.
The ideal candidate will:
· Be from a 3rd Line Support, Development or Operations background
· Be a confident Linux Administrator with a strong desire to develop and learn
· Be analytical and precise, able to clearly interpret requirements and set scope
· Be comfortable and able to provide reporting, documentation and assist with process development, such as ITIL\ ISO27001.
Duties and responsibilities
· To work with the Principal Engineer to ensure that technologies in use are deployed, managed and operated securely
· To ensure technically accurate and relevant documentation relating to key auditable processes
· Review, make recommendations and implement improvements to existing platforms
· Contribute to the development of appropriate security policies
· Support with day-to-day Platform administration tasks are required
· Contribute to InfoSec, Risk and Process meetings ensuring that the correct measures are identified and implemented for our platforms
Skills and experience
A Linux Operations Engineer will have a rounded skill set based in Linux Administration and are expected to have a demonstrable and solid understanding of at least two of the following areas.
Key technologies used:
· CentOS, Redhat, Debian Linux Operating Systems
· Git, Ansible, Puppet, Foreman and bespoke tools.
· Apache/NGINX web server administration
· Scripting - Bash, Python, Perl
· It is also vital that you are able to communicate effectively with teams and colleagues, build relationships and take ownership of topics you are allocated.
· Should hold SC clearance or above or be willing to complete toe SC clearance process
We offer you:
· 25 days annual leave
· Generous training opportunities tailored to your career goals
· Opportunities to visit the best industry conferences across Europe
· Free parking close to our offices in a vibrant city centre location
· Contributory pension scheme, Aviva health care, Cycle to work scheme & other benefits