My client exist to help clients solve their communications problems and have over 60 years of experience in doing so. Their promise is to grow brands over time and sales over night with a blend of brand and responsive skills that deliver proven result.
They are now looking for a Marketing Communications Manager who will be responsible for the marketing of the agency brand, managing the planning and implementation of PR, social media and content creation campaigns for the business.
The role is multi-faceted but your ability to plan and manage a PR campaign, implement social media activity across all social media channels, and develop creative content and assets, is paramount. You will also be involved with industry networking and profile-raising activities, such as thought leadership, events and awards entries, to raise the profile of the agency and generate coverage in media channels.
Your day-to-day role will include media relations, creative writing, campaign planning, project management, managing internal relationships, research, measuring and evaluating activity, budget management and marketing administration.
What you will be doing:
- Develop and deliver a PR strategy targeting industry, national and regional media and events, as well as the potential of new channels and technologies (podcasts/ online media etc).
- Develop, manage and deliver an always-on content strategy - demonstrating an ability to write informatively and persuasively for diverse audiences and platforms e.g., media materials such as features and news releases, content scripts, social media posts, case studies, award entries etc.
- Manage and analyse social media platforms to maximise reach and engagement whilst adopting a role of brand guardian on those channels.
- Provide PR for the brand and the individual business units.
- Help lead the creative development of the brand, PR and social programmes, organising planning sessions, brainstorms and sharing ideas.
- Establish positive internal relationships with the businesses and client teams, through regular telephone, email and face-to-face contact.
- Help to organise the involvement in industry events (e.g., exhibitions and award ceremonies), and attend when required.
- Ensure the consistency and continued development of the brand in all marketing activity.
- At least 5 years' experience working in an agency or client-side marketing communications (PR and social) role.
- Understand the role of owned channels - websites/intranets etc.
- Demonstrate an ability to analyse and evaluate results and sharing learnings for future marketing communications work.
- Demonstrate strong written and verbal communication skills, anticipating needs and responding swiftly to internal requirements.
- Strong project management skills, ideally with experience in managing projects with multiple internal stakeholders.
- £35,000 - £40,000 basic
- Extensive training and development
- Flexible working
- Generous holiday allowance
- Much, much more