Media Relations Manager
A Unique opportunity to join one of the leading financial powerhouses across the UK and work within their Media Relations Central Office. With growth mapping fully in place and plans to invest over the next 5 years this is a really exciting time to join one of our most loved banks. With offices based in Bristol, Edinburgh, Leeds and London and remote working on offer this role will appeal to a wider scope of candidates across the country.
You will ensure the delivery of day-to-day media activity in a fast-paced deadline-driven environment to support key business areas, including significant projects working with stakeholders promoting the Group's reputation to external audiences
The Experience we need
- You will have a developed understanding of Media Relations at a senior level
- You will be working in house or agency side managing workloads ideally within financial services
- Good media connections is advantageous but not essential
- Experience in creating briefs and setting up interviews
- Experience in managing internal and external stakeholders
- You will be able to demonstrate projects that have succeeded in brand promotion and identity enhancement
- Act as a source of professional expertise providing media advice to stakeholders and business areas within the Group, comfortable challenging and influencing senior stakeholders
- Manage day to day enquiries from the media relating to specific business area(s) with a key focus on the insurance and wealth division, and work on proactive projects, research and campaigns to enhance the reputation of a brand within the Group or at a Group level
- Identify, escalate and mitigate emerging risks as appropriate to protect the reputation and interests of the Group and colleagues
- Build, maintain and influence external relationships with relevant journalists
- Provide Corporate Affairs input to support delivery of projects or where appropriate deliver projects and initiatives within relevant business areas
- Provide a flexible approach to support other roles and other teams across the function at times of peak activity or competing priorities
- Deputise for senior manager colleagues
- Lead on specific projects or reviews within a broader area of specialism
- Where applicable, manage activity of suppliers to ensure service standards are met along with budget requirements
- Positively influence others by demonstrating core group values and behaviours and where appropriate, manage, develop and motivate colleagues to support a high performing team
What you'll get in return.
On offer is a competitive salary and package with the option for flexible working. You will be given opportunities across the business to learn and progress your career.
How to apply.
If this sounds of interest and you have experience in the above criteria, then please click the apply button right away!
For more info on this or similar roles please give Nick Edgar a call.