Packaging Designer - Remote
This is an opportunity to join a forward thinking company on a mission to help businesses to do better - environmentally, socially and economically. The world needs action on climate, and businesses also need affordable solutions.
The company pride themselves on helping businesses with product sourcing for their supply chains, from packaging (boxes, tape, envelopes, stationery) to finished goods using technology to digitise and optimise the sourcing flow. 75% of the carbon impact in an industry comes from the supply chain (product and logistics). With the development of new materials, better energy sources and consumer awareness, the momentum is shifting, but we want to accelerate that change.
Founded in June 2020 and now Venture Capital backed by some of the leading angels and investors in Europe.
We're looking for an ambitious and hardworking packaging designer with experience in the packaging industry to join our fast-growing team.
This role will work within our New Product Development function to help design the packaging products that we launch on our platform. Responsibilities, requirements and package are listed below.
- Perform structural design of packaging (focus on boxes at first but branching out into other forms of packaging, incl. soft packaging)
- Innovation on designs to reduce material wastage and improve functionality
- Create manufacturer-ready production documents (Dielines; artwork templates; etc.)
- Provide design, print and finishing advice and guidance to our customers and our other teams
- Work with New Product Development team on new packaging designs for our platform
- Work with our New Product Development team on product price estimation, to build a way of estimating packaging prices on our platform
- Help to identify and evaluate new packaging materials based on new trends
- Generate CAD drawings
- Design test standards to ensure packages meet higher reliability standards
What we need;
- Ambitious and looking to work in a fast paced business that is looking to do things differently
- Proven experience in packaging design and associated manufacturing processes
- Knowledge of the UK packaging marketplace and supplier landscape
- Experience in or knowledge of packaging price estimation is also a bonus
What's on Offer
- Competitive salary - to be discussed upon application
- Opportunity to join a high growth well backed company at an early stage
- Remote working with hubs currently in London and Manchester - no requirement to move
- Financial support for career development programs
We note that working hard for each other is a cornerstone of our culture, and in this role you'll feel fully supported by our magnificent team to reach your best levels and our high standards.
This is a chance to make a significant impact early on in our journey and to help shape the direction of the packaging market for the better.
How to Apply;
If you have experience in structural packaging design in the manufacturing space or similar - click apply to send over your CV to Nick at the Henry Nicholas HQ.