A unique opportunity to join an internationally admired brand, the right candidate will be based within in their expanding research and development team. Under new leadership, the direction of this role will see the successful candidate leading and qualifying packaging manufacturing processes for New Product Development (NPD) and Existing Product Development (EPD).
With the company operating across the global market with a team of 3000 employees (and growing), this is an exciting time for somebody to grow and develop their skill set within packaging process development. The team are looking for an critical thinker to lead new ways of manufacturing packaging solutions through the supply chain highly dynamic R&D team. The role will also give the right candidate exposure with key manufacturing and co-manufacturing facilities across Europe.
With significant investment and development in their employees and a state-of-the-art facility to conduct your work, this will allow the right candidate to create new packaging processes for our future marketplace.
What we need;
- A proactive problem solver who can adapt and flourish in a fast-paced industry
- You will be qualified to degree level in Engineering, Sciences, Industrial/Product Design or an industry recognised packaging qualification i.e. IOM3
- Experience working within a technical packaging role (creation for supply chain)
- You will be based in South East or willing to relocate to this area of the country
- Knowledge of a range of packaging materials and manufacturing techniques
- Ability to manage multiple ongoing projects and delivering key benchmarks set out from the leadership team
- You will have a passion for sustainability and have a basic understanding of the importance of this with the packaging developments you create
- Executing packaging test plans both on site and with contract manufacturers
- Defining packaging process limits and packaging quality systems
- Supporting the R&D team executing transportation tests ensuring designs are sufficient to deliver efficiently and safely to customers
- Assisting with line trials
- Leading the R&D facility in the new innovations/possibilities when it comes to cost saving and sustainability
- Developing key relationships with third party stakeholders obtaining technical details to support packaging development
- Using lean manufacturing tools to support development and problem solving
What You'll Get in Return;
Competitive Salary DOE, Monday - Friday Flexible working hours with an early finish on a Friday, as high as 9% pension contribution, annual performance-based bonus, up to 26 days holiday + 8 days bank holiday.
How to Apply;
If this sounds like you or you meet most of the criteria specified above, then please click the apply button now to send over your CV and covering letter.