A unique opportunity to join an internationally admired brand, the right candidate will be based within in their expanding research and development team. Under new leadership, the expansion and direction of NPD (New Product Development) and EPD (Existing Product development) is moving in a forward-thinking direction when it comes to 3 key focuses for the business: innovation, ideation and sustainability.
With the company operating across the global market with a team of 3000 employees (and growing), this is an exciting time for somebody to grow and develop their skill set within packaging. The team are looking for an innovative thinker to lead new ways of packaging products and generating fresh ideas within the highly dynamic R&D team.
With significant investment and development in their employees and a state-of-the-art facility to conduct your work, this will allow the right candidate to create new packaging concepts for our future market place.
What we need;
- A passionate individual who can adapt and flourish in a fast paced industry
- You will be qualified to degree level in Chemistry, Biology, Industrial/Product Design or a industry recognised packaging qualification i.e. IOM3
- Experience working within a technical packaging role (Ideation, sustainability or innovation)
- You will be based in East London, Kent or willing to travel to site 3 or 4 days a week. This could also be an opportunity of somebody considering to relocate to this scenic area of the country and or be closer to London
- Knowledge of a range of packaging materials and manufacturing techniques
- Ability to manage multiple ongoing projects and delivering key benchmarks set out from the leadership team
- You will have a passion for sustainability and have a basic understanding of the importance of this with the packaging developments you create
- Developing new packaging innovations and rethinking existing packaging across primary, secondary and tertiary packaging formats
- Attending trade shows and exhibitions to keep abreast of the latest market trends and new innovations
- Understanding marketing briefs to deliver the best packaging results under the focus of Innovation, Ideation and sustainability
- Developing relationships and clearly communicating with key stakeholders across the continent
- Formulating technical drawings to communicating with manufacturers and co-packing facilities
- Resolving quality and engineering issues using a proactive problem solving approach
What You'll Get in Return;
Competitive Salary DOE, Monday - Friday Flexible working hours with an early finish on a Friday, as high as 9% pension contribution, annual performance-based bonus, up to 26 days holiday + 8 days bank holiday.
How to Apply;
If this sounds like you or you meet most of the criteria specified above then please click the apply button now to send over your CV and covering letter.