Do you want to join a fast-growing, top-25 UK tech agency and work with world-class, international clients in fintech, payments, digital security and standardisation? Want to be part of a close-knit team, which values mastery, curiosity, candour, empathy and entrepreneurialism? A people-first team, where wellbeing is supported and hard work / results are rewarded?
Let’s tell you a bit more about the role….
As an Account Manager you will play a key role in running multiple client accounts, working closely with Account Directors and Executives to deliver exceptional PR programmes and communications support for your clients. Having a central management role in your account teams, you will be a key point of contact for your clients and close enough to your clients them to fully understand their needs. This will help you to propose / manage / evaluate the delivery of PR activity that is best suited to meet them. You will work alongside Account Executives and Account Directors, providing support and management as needed to ensure seamless team operations. You’ll have opportunities to grow your accounts, and your skills in tandem, supported by your Account Directors.
Things you will be responsible for (non-exhaustive):
- Building and maintaining close professional client relationships. Including meeting participation / leadership.
- Account team management. Including advising and identifying the specific training and development requirements of junior team members.
- Managing a central team workload planner in 'Basecamp’.
- Managing the delivery of PR programmes against client objectives (e.g. content creation, media / analyst relations, social / online activity, events and exhibitions, webcasts, podcasts etc).
- Producing high quality content and reports (including press releases, articles, newsletters, monthly activity reports etc) that require little or no editing.
- Reviewing, editing and approving copywriting produced by junior team members.
- Monitoring and measuring the success of PR activity against KPIs.
- Maintaining a good awareness of client industries, working towards a deep understanding of client and technologies.
- Managing accounts profitably and seeking opportunities to contribute to business growth.
- Mentoring junior team members.
What we’re looking for from you…
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Client / account management experience (internal / external).
- People management experience.
- Attention to detail and resourcefulness.
- Strong organisational skills.
- A proactive team player / enthusiastic learner.
- PR / communications experience (preferably in a PR agency, but not essential).
- Advanced copywriting and content generation skills (examples appreciated. A writing exercise will be set as part of the recruitment process).
- Experience of B2B PR and tech industries (preferable, but not essential).
A bit more about us…
My client is a multi award-winning UK tech PR agency. Their vision is to be the strategic comms partner of choice for global B2B technology organisations in the fintech, payments, digital security and standardisation space. In support of that, they aim to:
- Deliver award-winning work that results in long-lasting client relationships and referrals.
- Provide a work environment that develops talented and passionate individuals, while respecting the individual and the team.
- Support causes that enhance lives through tech transformation (they give 3% of profits to charity each year).
What’s in it for you…
- Profit-linked bonus scheme.
- Giving back - 3% profits donated to charities chosen by the team.
- Hybrid home / office working model.
- Mobile phone.
- Home working tech (inc. laptops and IT equipment).
- VAT free bikes (via a ‘cycle to work scheme).
- Free eye tests.
- Annual health check.
- Enhanced maternity / paternity packages.
- Working day birthdays off (extra holiday!).
- CIPR membership / CPD based appraisals.
- In house and external training courses (£1k annual training budget).
- Opportunities to attend industry conferences.
- International travel.
- Annual away day / socials.
- Career progression opportunities.
- Salary range: £30-45k depending on experience
- Employer pension contributions: 5%
- Holidays: 23 days, plus bank hols
- Profit-linked bonus entitlement (after 1 year service)