A charitable life science society is looking for a Professional Practice Officer to develop and manage clinical resources, projects and training to support medical and scientific best practice across the UK
This role is initially remote during the pandemic and will then be based in the Bristol office but on a flexible basis and with flexi-time working. This not-for-profit is incredible at looking after its staff. The holiday and benefits are fantastic.
The experience we need.
- Experience of working in a healthcare, academic or research setting is essential
- A strong background in clinical practice, clinical service improvement and/or research management
- Demonstrable experience of working with multiple internal and external stakeholders
- Experience of managing committees would be a big plus
- An understanding of the needs, opportunities and challenges of clinical and academic communities
- An undergraduate degree in biosciences or healthcare subject would be beneficial but is not essential
- Day-to day management and oversight of an online clinical resource bank to ensure it is organised effectively, and updated regularly with changing practice.
- Work with industry, NHS partners, clinical members and others to manage service improvement projects. This includes initiation, planning, delivery, consultation and implementation.
- Lead on the development of a new flexible service review model to support implementation of emerging recommendations for improving services and clinical practice.
- Work closely with society affiliated patient support groups ensuring their expertise is used to inform service and clinical practice improvement projects, new recommendations, resources and training
- Working with nurse members and internal stakeholders to oversee and manage the nurse training and practice portfolio
- Manage the Society Nurse Committee and relevant nurse working groups
- Report to and support the work of the Society Clinical Committee
- Manage research resources across platforms, working with members to ensure they are up to date, relevant and easily accessible.
This charitable life science society do great work within the medical sector and have a tangible impact on society.
What you'll get in return.
You'll get a one year maternity contract that could go permanent after a year, with a salary of c£28-30k, flexi-time working, fantastic holiday, pension and other great benefits.
How to apply.
If this sounds of interest, then please click the apply button right away!