The experience we need.
- Whilst the ideal candidate would be a full stack developer, we are open to candidate who are more front end, or more backend as there is room to hire two developers. Python skills are a must though.
- Back end skills in some or all of the following: RDBMS, PostgreSQL, SQLite, ODBC, SQL
- Programming skills in the majority of these: Python (essential), C, Object Oriented Programming, Linux Shell
- A good working knowledge of operating systems such as Windows/Linux, Administration, Red Hat, CentOS, EC2
- Additional skills in desktop, mobile, tablet embedded, as well as networking such as TCP/IP, VPN (Openswan/OpenVPN), Routers, ADSL, GPRS, 3G would be advantageous too.
- The successful applicant will be a fast learner, should have practical experience with complex software projects and be able to demonstrate a clear aptitude and interest in software design, along with an excellent working knowledge of the Python programming language.
We're looking for a self-motivated Python Developer / Software Engineer to work with our small team of highly motivated engineers. There will be plenty of 'business as usual' projects to get stuck in to, but also huge scope to shape the future of the project. Whether you're a fantastic hands-on Python expert or a more rounded developer/engineer with a talent for innovation and R&D, we'd love to hear from you. The role can be shaped around the individual.
The company is very well established with a huge customer base. The Python Developer / Software Engineer will play a key role in developing bespoke new dashboards and new functionality for their product. They are the only company in the world doing what they do so it's an extremely exciting time to join them. It's a fun place to work, everybody is friendly, the team are regularly awarded with team away days and salaries are very competitive.
What you’ll get in return.
- A competitive salary of in the region of £30k for a less experienced person, up to £50k or even £60k for an experienced Python developer with all of the skills listed above.
- A flexible working environment with options to work from home where reasonable (but you will need to be in the office part of the week as well).
- The chance to work on a 'one of it's kind' tech product which is already being used around the world with some huge organisations.
- The chance to shape your own role and work towards management/director level for the right person.
How to apply.
If this sounds of interest, then please click the apply button right away!
For more info on this or similar roles please give Tony Allen a call.