The experience we need.
- Experience in all areas of the testing process – test analysis, system functional testing, regression testing, system integration testing
- High level of automated testing skills on both web and device platforms – e.g. Selenium, BrowserStack
- Good understanding of HTML and CSS3
- Good understanding of content management systems
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, and attention to detail
- Working with software developers to plan, design and create automated tests for releases
Things like and ISEB certification, software application testing experience i.e. testing n-tier or enterprise type applications, API testing, Database testing (e.g. SQL Server, Oracle), and working with software developers to plan, design and create automated tests for releases are an added bonus but not essential. Some experience in Windows scripting language i.e. VBScript, Powershell, Batch file would be great too, as would knowledge of testing and bug logging tools, e.g. TestRail, Redmine, or knowledge and/or experience of working with Ranorex.
Reporting directly to the Testing Lead, and working alongside another midweight tester, you will be responsible for all pre-launch website automation testing and Quality Assurance on sites that have been updated. The Web Tester / QA will be required to work on projects in a collaborative environment with designers, developers, creative directors, and client project/account managers.
A typical day will include most of the following:
- Automating tests for website projects for functionality, accuracy and adherence to web standards.
- Measuring test coverage and prioritising which areas to test first.
- Maintaining and developing automated and manual test scripts.
- Assist in the development of quality testing and processes alongside the testing team.
They’ve been in the business for decades and have an experienced and inspirational team of over 50+ people. They’re proud to be an independent, dynamic and friendly company that really takes care of its staff, offering exciting challenges and room to thrive, with plenty of entertainment and laughter while you do it.
They're all very sound people who like drinking tea and eating an array of sweet treats, usually in biscuit form, during the day. They enjoy a few beers and arranging other activities when the working day is over - this includes a semi-regular bike ride out to interesting pubs in and around Bristol for food and a few drinks.
What you’ll get in return.
- A competitive salary and benefits package.
- A fun team environment with a good amount of banter and lots of respect from the management team.
- The chance to work on a vast array of projects from small apps right up to pan-European website with marketing automation and high volumes of content.
- The chance to test websites and apps in the latest tech, for well-known brands.
How to apply.
If this sounds of interest, then please click the apply button right away!
For more info on this or similar roles please give Tony a call.