Are you an experienced BI professional seeking a challenge within a global business?
My client is a global technology enterprise. They solve the problems others choose to ignore, with surprising new inventions that defy convention and simply work better.
My client is driven by progress and thrive on the challenge of relentless improvement.
About the role
The Global Finance Analytics (GFA) team is an integral part of my clients' finance community. They deliver reporting and analysis of commercial performance across the group, both financial and non-financial, liaising directly with global markets and to provide support to the Executive Team. As a Centre of Excellence for Analytics they deliver strategic insights from data and see into the future to enable data-driven decision making as a valued and credible business partner.
The role of Senior BI Analyst will be a key member of the GFA team as they continue to produce insightful analytics for their global stakeholders across group, categories, markets as well as within Finance and Commercial.
Naturally inquisitive and ideally with a strong financial acumen, you will enjoy working with data to uncover insights and patterns through the solutions you develop. You will be comfortable working with ambiguity and bring perseverance and motivation to deliver your work.
Job responsibilities include:
- Creation of meaningful and impactful analytics products and visuals that empower data discovery and action
- Gather analytics requirements, design and document efficient solutions, owning delivery from inception to execution
- Developing proof of concepts to showcase new insight opportunities
- Business partnering with stakeholder groups to continuously improve the analytics portfolio they use to drive decision making
- Champion the use of data and analytics, driving adoption and growth in the user base.
- A hands-on expert with modern analytical tools (i.e. Looker, Tableau, Power BI, SAP Analytics Cloud) - Looker expertise of particular interest
- Comfortable working with a range of data platforms including Google BigQuery, SAP BW, SAP HANA, and skilled in writing performant SQL
- Comfortable sourcing, integrating and cleansing data using tools like Tableau Prep, Power Automate
- Successful at delivering within a team running Agile and/or another modern project management approach
- Strong requirements gathering skills and managing delivery of work using tools like JIRA.
- Comfortable in a multi-disciplined team where roles and responsibilities evolve in pursuit of getting the job done
- Experience working in a pressurised data or analytics team, ideally supporting multiple business functions
- Authentic, well-rounded data professional with an eye for continuous improvement, ideally with experience across multiple functional areas and industries
- A self-starter, able to drive their own initiatives whilst taking a hands-on approach to removing any blockers
- A strong communicator with experience translating technical jargon
- Data manipulation and technical solution development using Python, DBT
- Working knowledge of data science modelling concepts
- Continuous improvement initiatives and change-management
- Competitive Salary
- 27 days holiday plus eight statutory bank holidays
- Pension scheme
- Performance related bonus
- Life assurance
- Free on-site parking
- Subsidised café
- Discounts on products
- Private Medical and Dental