My client is one of the leading technology businesses in the UK, in the Web Hosting and Cloud industry.
They design, build and operate full stack technology platforms within their wholly owned datacentres across Europe and the USA and deliver these platforms at massive scale.
You will join a team of highly experienced Linux systems engineers and operations specialists in the design, build and deployment of platforms and solutions that will drive the technical future of the business. You'll need to be an excellent communicator, adept at operating under pressure and establishing rapport with colleagues whilst providing technical expertise and mentoring to the wider team.
We look for individuals who love to learn, are technically confident and enjoy facilitating team collaboration whilst shaping, growing and improving our technology ecosystems.
The ideal candidate will:
- Be from a Systems Engineering/Admin, 3rd Line Support or Operations background
- Be a passionate technologist with experience in building and operating Linux platforms
- Be an excellent trouble-shooter - looking to continuously improve the systems you work on
- Love a challenge and be looking for a dynamic environment where you will work on a broad set of technologies and can make a real difference
- Have a passion for Open Source software
The opportunities this role will offer:
- Engagement in a broad programme of platform/systems/cloud transformation projects to enable a very large-scale datacentre migration.
- Driving continual improvement in best practices relating to platform automation and configuration management solutions, currently Ansible, Ansible Tower, Puppet and Foreman.
Duties and responsibilities:
- Design, Build, implement and continuously improve major infrastructure solutions
- Review, make recommendations and implement improvements to existing platforms
- Contribute to the management and development of infrastructure security policies
- Helping develop junior members of the team by mentoring and sharing knowledge and experience.
Skills and experience
- Advanced Linux server administration, preferably RHCE certified
- Advanced Scripting skills (eg BASH, Python,)
- Experience of server virtualisation at scale, preferably KVM
- Experience delivering major Linux platform/systems projects
Key technologies used:
- Docker, Kubernetes, Openshift
- CentOS, Redhat, Debian Linux Operating Systems
- Git, Ansible, Puppet, Foreman.
- Apache/NGINX web server administration
- Postfix/Dovecot mail server administration
- Scripting - Bash, Python, Perl
- MySQL/MariaDB, Galera, Maxscale database technologies
- Ceph, Scality storage technologies
It is not essential to have experience/knowledge in all the technologies listed.
A motivation to learn and upskill in these technologies is desirable.
We offer you:
· 25 days annual leave
· Generous training opportunities tailored to your career goals
· Opportunities to visit the best industry conferences across Europe
· Free parking close to our offices in a vibrant city centre location
· Contributory pension scheme, Aviva health care, Cycle to work scheme & other benefits
For a more detailed chat about this opportunity please apply with your CV.