A unique opportunity to join an internationally admired brand, the right candidate will be based within in their expanding research and development team. Under new leadership, the direction of this role will see the successful candidate leading and qualifying packaging manufacturing processes for New Product Development (NPD) and Existing Product Development (EPD).
With the company operating across the global market with a team of 3000 employees (and growing), this is an exciting time for somebody to grow and develop their skill set within packaging development and management. The team are looking for a critical thinker to lead new ways of housing products for global distribution within the dynamic R&D team. The role will also give the right candidate exposure with key manufacturing and co-manufacturing facilities across Europe.
With significant investment and development in their employees and a state-of-the-art facility to conduct your work, this will allow the right candidate to create new packaging processes for our future marketplace.
What we need;
- A proactive problem solver who can adapt and flourish in a fast-paced industry
- You will be qualified to degree level in Engineering, Sciences, Industrial/Product Design or an industry recognised packaging qualification i.e. IOM3
- Experience working within a technical packaging role (creation for supply chain)
- You will be based in South East or willing to relocate to this area of the country
- Knowledge of the development of various types of packaging and packaging components
- Knowledge of the manufacturing techniques for packing consumer products
- Excellent project management skills, ownership mentality, with strong results orientation and business acumen
- Ability to manage multiple projects, work cross-functionally/internationally, and deliver against company business goals and objectives
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Proven delivery focus
- Working experience in New Packaging Development 5 to 10 years minimum
- Driving the development, validation and execution of new packaging elements with excellence to full scale manufacturing and provide expertise and support to Packaging Technologist, packaging including primary, secondary and tertiary packaging
- Identify and manage optimisation of existing packaging elements through cost savings, sustainability and manufacturing efficiency improvements aspects
- Interface proactively with all relevant business partners to effectively manage projects
- Identify resource / prioritisation issues and report to line manager
- Develop, validate and execute packaging testing plans
- Source, review and advise technical drawings / die lines
- Offer factory support for pack design related engineering and quality issues, leading and supporting RCA.
- Implement transport tests to assure outer packaging and pallet designs are sufficient to deliver high quality product to customers
What You'll Get in Return;
Competitive Salary DOE, Monday - Friday Flexible working hours with an early finish on a Friday, as high as 9% pension contribution, annual performance-based bonus, up to 26 days holiday + 8 days bank holiday.
How to Apply;
If this sounds like you or you meet most of the criteria specified above, then please click the apply button now to send over your CV and covering letter.