Are you a senior level Security Analyst looking for your next opportunity within a company that is strengthening its current Infosec landscape? Are you keen to not only share your wisdom and help the business progress, but also be activley encouraged (and funded) to learn new skills and gain specialist qualifications within your field?
My client are one of the biggest names in the Leisure & Tourism industry here in the UK, looking after some of the most recognisable brands in the industry.
Join them as they mature their existing Infosec landscape and contribute with fresh ideas and experience to help them progress, as well as learn new skills and obtain certs on the company dime.
Its an exciting time for the Senior Security Operations Analyst to join the business and to further their development working across a range of security areas; from cyber resilience to Cloud security. Working alongside architects and developers to deliver solutions in cloud security, identity management, network and infrastructure protection, security monitoring, network segregation. The Information Security team has a strong philosophy of continual education and learning.
· Proactively work to reduce the false positives within the SOC toolset.
· Develop new Use Cases as required by business activities.
· Coordinate with the security analysts and engineers.
· Promote security within the business to best support secure business operations.
· Going beyond alarms raised in the SOC toolset to hunt out potential security incidents that would otherwise have been missed.
· Investigation of complex security incidents.
· Lead on cyber incident response.
· Mentor team and increase security expertise of the analysts.
· Stand in for the information security manager as needed.
· Research security enhancements and make recommendations to management.
· Stay up-to-date on information technology trends and security standards.
The right candidate will ideally have a selection of the below technical skills.
· At least four years experience of a technically focused security role across a range of technologies. (Ideally experience at L3 security analysis/SOC)
· Ability to write complex regular expressions
· Ability to write scripts in *nix and / or windows environments (e.g powershell) at an intermediate - advanced level
· Confident running tools like Nmap, Nessus, Wireshark. Also confident capturing, reading and analysing pcaps.
· Ability to code in python (or similar language) to an intermediate level
· Solid understanding of TCP, Routing and DNS.
· Experience in monitoring within the cloud environment.
· Demonstrable experience of troubleshooting and problem solving under pressure.
· Basic understanding of PCI-DSS and ISO27001
· A qualification or certification in information security such as CISSP
· Data science theory or practical experience desirable.
· Experience in conducting risk assessments and making judgements on technical security risk desirable.
· Strong personable skills and team player
· Strong interpersonal skills and experience of developing strong relationships with internal departments
· Strong planning and prioritisation capability
· A methodical and meticulous approach
· Task-driven with a willingness to take ownership and drive through to successful conclusion
· Desirable. Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP) or CISM
What we offer:
· 20% team member discount on Warner Leisure Hotels, Butlin's and Haven holidays for you, your family and friends
· Reward and recognition schemes including long service
· Externally recognised qualifications that will give you the opportunity to progress and develop within the business.
· Childcare voucher scheme (subject to eligibility)
· Government pension scheme
If this peaks your interest feel free to get in touch for a chat or apply with your CV.