Are you a senior level Security Vulnerability Analyst looking for your next opportunity within a company that is strengthening its current Infosec landscape? Are you keen to not only share your wisdom and help the business progress, but also be actively encouraged (and funded) to learn new skills and gain specialist qualifications within your field?
My client are one of the biggest names in the Leisure & Tourism industry here in the UK, looking after some of the most recognisable brands in the industry.
Join them as they mature their existing Infosec landscape and contribute with fresh ideas and experience to help them progress, as well as learn new skills and obtain certs on the company dime.
Its an exciting time for the Senior Vulnerability Analyst to join the business and to further their development working across a range of security areas; from cyber resilience to Cloud security. Working alongside architects and developers to deliver solutions in cloud security, identity management, network and infrastructure protection, security monitoring, network segregation. The Information Security team has a strong philosophy of continual education and learning.
· Manage the vulnerability management tool to scan and uncover system vulnerabilities.
· Raise tickets for vulnerabilities found to the various technology teams and provide detailed advice and recommendations.
· Ensure detected vulnerabilities are fixed within the agreed timescales and to a high-security standard.
· Stay current on IT security threats and techniques.
· Develop company-wide best practices for IT patching.
· Perform penetration testing.
· Help colleagues install security software and understand information security management.
· Research security vulnerabilities and patch releases and make recommendations to management.
· Stay up-to-date on information technology trends and security standards.
The right candidate will ideally have a selection of the below technical skills.
· At least four years experience of a technically focused security role across a range of technologies
· At least two years experience running vulnerability management tools such as Nessus or Qualys
· Good understanding of network and infrastructure patching and patch management
· Demonstrable experience of troubleshooting and problem solving under pressure.
· A qualification or certification in information security such as CISSP desirable
· Experience in conducting risk assessments and making judgements on technical security risk versus patching.
· Strong personable skills and team player
· Ability to explain configuration changes or other remediation tasks to technical staff
· Ability to listen and understand business requirements and avoid conflict
· Strong influencing skills
· Strong interpersonal skills and experience of developing strong relationships with internal departments
· Strong planning and prioritisation capability
· A methodical and meticulous approach
· Task-driven with a willingness to take ownership and drive through to successful conclusion
· Desirable. Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP) or CISM
Some of the benefits of working with us:
· 20% team member discount on Warner Leisure Hotels, Butlin's and Haven holidays for you, your family and friends
· Reward and recognition schemes including long service
· Externally recognised qualifications that will give you the opportunity to progress and develop within the business.
· Childcare voucher scheme (subject to eligibility)
· Government pension scheme
For a more detailed chat about the role, apply with your CV.