The Software Engineering Services team operate and drive effective use of key modern software engineering tools to further accelerate the IT development process. These services include services to accelerate application testing through the design and build of project test solutions to manage test data, virtualise services and automate regression tests using tools such as CA Test Data Management, CA Service Virtualisation, Selenium, SOAP UI and HP UFT.
An opportunity to join this technical team exists for individuals with appropriate technical skills that are highly self-motivated and display a willingness to learn, explore and be innovative.
Purpose of the role:
The Software Engineering Service Engineer for Test Services provides a hands-on team delivery focus for a range of tools and services enabling automation of repetitive tasks such as manual tests and test data preparation.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Deliver robust and innovative Test Services for project teams.
- Support optimisation and efficiency through transformation across the scope of test services.
- Responsible for ensuring milestones are successfully met.
- Support and embrace a collaborative working environment with a range of stakeholders.
- Be self sufficient with drive to continually technically upskill as an individual and the team.
- Experience in one or more mainstream development language, such as C#, Java, Python, Groovy.
- Knowledge of modern testing practices such as Test Driven Development and Behaviour Driven Development.
- Exposure to test automation frameworks.
- Experience in one or more test development tools.
- Experience in one or more database management systems and the associated query language(s).
- Exposure to a CI tools such as Jenkins.
- Exposure to a source code management system such as Git.
- Experience of installing and maintaining software tools on Windows and/or Linux platforms.
What your get in return:
- Salary £30,000 - £35,000
- 29 days' holiday plus bank holidays
- Competitive on target performance bonus
- Up to 14% Company contribution to your pension
- Flexible benefits
- Employee discounts
- Season ticket loan
- Share scheme
If of interest, please press “Apply” now. For more information please call John