Structural Packaging Designer
This is a very exciting and unique opportunity to join a global market leader in sustainable packaging solutions. Part of a wider operation this specialist division based in East Anglia provide conventional and litho-laminated corrugated solutions to a range of customers (from SME to International Blue-Chips).
Working within the Technical and Design function you will play an integral part to ensure designs meet briefs from an innovation, quality and sustainability perspective. Working with internal and external stakeholders you will be part of some really exciting project already in the pipeline for 2021 and beyond.
- Producing CAD drawings from previously manufactured samples
- Designing new packaging solution around client products to meet the needs of the brief
- Producing samples for approval
- Generating relevant documentation for estimating / Sales teams
- Identifying possible changes to existing packaging to aid packing & or production efficiency's
- Taking direct ownership of tasks by liaising with clients & colleagues to gain information and keep them informed of progress
- Ensuring paperwork & databases are kept up to date
- Generating tracings for use in manufacturer
- Producing CAD drawings for the use in setting of artwork
- Liaising with clients regarding artwork requirements & processing proofs through to approval via our third party studios
What we need;
- To be considered for the role you will need structural design experience ideally in the corrugated packaging sector
- Computer literate with knowledge of packaging based CAD software Illustrator & Microsoft Office applications
- Self-motivated with an eye for problem solving, and attention to detail
- The ability to follow a design brief and adapt as necessary
- Able to thrive in a fast paced fluid environment & work to deadlines
- Great communication skills
- A basic understanding of Cutting tools & printing plates
- A basic understanding of both the Flexographic & lithographic printing process
- Willing and able to build a rapport with key personnel, customers and shop floor personnel
What's on Offer
Competitive Salary, Development and progression opportunities, competitive holiday allowance and pension and above all a chance to think outside the box with a really unique team who are leading the way in sustainable packaging solutions.
How to Apply;
If you have experience in structural packaging design in the manufacturing space or similar - click apply to send over your CV to Nick at the Henry Nicholas HQ.