The experience we need.
We're looking for a Technical Director / Business Manager with a strong Python Development background, ideally a manager who started out as a Python Developer / Software Engineer.
You'll need proven management skills, good commercial acumen and an innovative mindset.
From a technical perspective, you'll ideally have a good understanding of as many of the following as possible, and whilst you may still be hands on and up to date, we will consider candidates who have come from a techie role and moved into more of a commercial role. You must have been in a similar technical role previously though. The desired tech skills include:
- Programming skills: Python (essential), C, Object Oriented Programming, Linux Shell
- A good working knowledge of operating systems such as Windows/Linux, Administration, Red Hat, CentOS, EC2
- Back end skills: RDBMS, PostgreSQL, SQLite, ODBC, SQL
- Additional skills in desktop, mobile, tablet embedded, as well as networking such as TCP/IP, VPN (Openswan/OpenVPN), Routers, ADSL, GPRS, 3G would be advantageous too.
The Technical Director / Business Director will play a key in the senior management team, helping to direct the business whilst getting involved with the development of bespoke new dashboards and new functionality for their product (using Python and related technologies). There will be plenty of 'business as usual' projects to get stuck in to, but also huge scope to shape the future of the business. The role can be shaped around the individual.
There's a solid marketing strategy in place to help elevate the business to the next level. They now need a technical leader to help them deliver their ambition as a business.
The company is very well established with a huge customer base. They are the only company in the world doing what they do so it's an extremely exciting time to join them.
What you’ll get in return.
- A competitive salary of around £60k plus an equity share, depending on experience.
- A flexible working environment with options to work from home where reasonable (but you will need to be in the office part of the week as well).
- The chance to work on a 'one of it's kind' tech product which is already being used around the world with some huge organisations.
- The chance to shape your own role and work towards management/director level for the right person.
If this sounds of interest, then please click the apply button right away!
For more info on this or similar roles please give Tony Allen a call.