My client is one of the leading technology businesses in the UK, offering fantastic careers. They are now after a UX / UI Team Leader
About the role
As UX / UI Team Leader you have responsibility for all design, development and maintenance of the front end interfaces of the systems that power the my client's business.
Your UI/UX team (6 FTE) is a highly skilled team of UX, design and front end development experts who have complete responsibility for the company's user interfaces including pre-sales websites, customer control panels and shops.
You will work closely with the 3 development teams in the business in delivering project and product
developments. This means providing outstanding UX concepts, wireframes and designs as well as owning the delivery of the finished websites and web pages in line with the project team's delivery processes.
You will work with the Sales and Marketing teams to deliver all needed changes to my client's pre-sales websites. You will ensure effective processes are in place to deliver rapid, iterative changes to these interfaces to ensure responsiveness to market conditions and commercial optimisation in shop front websites.
As discipline lead for UI technologies you will set and own the frontend strategy that:
- Delivers frontends that meet the highest standards for usability, performance, SEO optimization, accessibility and maintainability
- Sets the roadmap for use of UI technologies e.g. HTML, CSS, SASS, JS, etc.
- Delivers process improvements to ensure efficiency in UX/UI team delivery
- Sets and implements best practices adoption for web interface design and development across the company.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Line management, mentoring, development and leadership of 6 FTE (UX, Design, Frontend Developer)
- Delivery of UI work streams in business projects
- Delivery of best in class UX and usability for new interface design and improvements
- Cooperate effectively with all stakeholders around project activity (PM, PO, Sales, Marketing) ensuring effective collaboration in project delivery and iterative improvements to websites
- Maintain and prioritise the backlog of bugs, problems, enhancements and internal requests relating to user interfaces owned by the team. Delivers these in line with overall priorities for the team.
- Manage effective processes to organise and deliver requirements with Sales and Marketing within the shop front websites.
- Driving improvement in shop front platforms to achieve the best possible ranking and converting pre-sales and shop websites
Skills & Expertise required:
The UX / UI Team Leader will have experience in a comparable role or will be an experienced
UX/Design/Frontend developer professional with proven leadership skills.
- Prior experience leading a website UX/design/development team or other relevant leadership experience
- Prior commercial experience in a UX, design or front end development role
- Deep understanding of the technology involved to maximize website ranking and conversion in an eCommerce environment
- Experience of the design tools within the Adobe Suite
- Experience of leading developments with front end technologies (HTML, CSS, Sass, JS)
- Deep understanding of mobile design and development approaches, and how you would tailor your designs to accommodate users on a wide range of devices
- Experience and understanding of UI/UX design principles & patterns.
- Genuine passion for all things creative, keeps up to date with design trends.
- Experience of modern web design and delivery methodologies/processes
- Excellent communication, presentation and negotiation skills
What you'll get in return
- £65,000 - £85,000 DOE
- 27 days annual leave + Bank Holidays
- Generous training opportunities tailored to your career goals
- Opportunities to visit the best industry conferences across Europe
- Free parking close to our offices in a vibrant city centre location
- Contributory pension scheme, Health care, Cycle to work scheme & other benefits
- Flexible working and so much more